Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Halloween and Such.

Halloween.
 
Halloween on Frenchman,  2011

So I was going to write about Halloween in New Orleans but then could not think of anything appropriate for this G-rated blog.  So I will just leave it at: It was another great holiday in New Orleans and we all survived.





Monthly Meeting.


The November MI meeting went splendidly.  Mirinda did a great job as sole MC since Kelly was off at the APHA conference networking.  Which paid off as she was offered a job. Congratulations Kelly!!!  However, I did feel slightly exploited for my great looks and awesome sense of style when I was asked to model the new MI program T shirt designed by Kelly and Mirinda.  Looks great ladies thanks.

Dr. Keating was our guest lecturer.  He discussed the importance and intricacies of the IRB to us.  I’m not sure that it’s possible to even try to understand how big of an endeavor getting IRB approval is unless you experience it.  It’s kind of like the Peace Corps application.  It was an interesting and informative talk.  Thank you Dr. Keating.

As always the minutes are posted on the MI program website.


Side Note On My Peace Corps Process.

I had my interview yesterday and received my nomination for Peace Corps service.  For those of you interested I submitted my application in early September and received the nomination on Nov 7.  This is the first step and now the real paperwork and waiting begins.  I still won’t know where I’m going until I receive my invitation but my nomination is for Oct-Dec of 2012 in a Health project.  Now onto medical and legal review.

No comments:

Post a Comment